10 Days of Safer Internet Day: Day 9 - Safety controls on search engines
Todays Safer Internet Day countdown tip is how to set the safety controls on search engines so they will not show inappropriate content and covers Bing, Google and Yahoo.
1. Click the gear icon in the top right.
2. Go to Settings/General.
3. Choose either Strict, Moderate or Off for SafeSearch.
Go to the Bing website for more information
1. Click Settings in the bottom right, then Search Settings.
2. Tick the Turn on SafeSearch box on the next screen.
3. To lock SafeSearch, you’ll need to sign in to your Google/Gmail account and follow the instructions.
Go to the Google website for more information.
1. Sign in to your Yahoo account.
2. Enter a search term in the search box then click Search.
3. From the search results, hover over the gear icon then click Preferences.
Go to the Yahoo website for more information.