Mark VE Day tomorrow with the whole school community
Friday 8th May
VE Day 75th Anniversary Celebration
How you all can come together to celebrate VE Day tomorrow
- Prepare for the day by using your own or the Humanities resources sent out to decorate your house and/or garden in Red, White and Blue.
- Events that will be happening across the country to come together to reflect and commemorate.
11:00 am: 2-minute silence to honour the service and sacrifice of the Second World War generation. You may choose to do this at your doorstep.
- 1:30 pm: Clare Mount Zumba VE Day Celebration – try to wear red, white and blue!
- 3:00 pm: Churchill speech to be shown on BBC
- Toast the Heroes of WW2 – raise a glass, cup of tea or drink of your choice ‘To those who gave so much we thank you’
- 4:00pm: Tea and scones, or coffee and cake, or juice and biscuits.
- 6:00pm: Dinner and raise your glass to your neighbours
- 8:00pm: The people’s celebration: enjoy an evening of music and memories hosted by the BBC in partnership with the Royal British Legion.
- 9:00pm: Nation-wide Sing-a Long: Sing along from your doorstep, ‘We’ll meet again’ as the nation unites to give thanks to our veterans and remember our loved ones, with the British Legion after the Queen’s address.
Please remember to follow social distancing rules