British Science Week a Big Hit with Clare Mount Students!
The week beginning 9th March saw, once again, Science lessons being taken over by British Science Week.
This meant lots of fun mixed in with learning.
Each year group did different activities.
- Year 7’s looked at custard (a non- Newtonian fluid) and investigated bubbles
- Year 8's made 'Mars Mission Landers' and some made and tested bridges
- Year 9's did the ever popular Bouncy Balls and Elephants Toothpaste
- Year 10's Made nylon, soft cheese, extracted DNA and recreated a face from genetic codes
- Year 11's used the electronics kits, constructed towers and took part in forensic investigations.
Well done to ALL our fabulous students who were amazing all week!
"Wow that's kind of mind blowing!"
(Ellis; Year 10, when looking at the DNA he had extracted.)